Shell-Raiser's Shindig featured on Virginia This Morning
October 7, 2019
The Virginia Oyster Shell Recycling Program (VOSRP) Director Todd Janeski sat down with Virginia This Morning hosts Jessica Noll and Bill Bevins to discuss the Annual Shell-Raiser’s Shindig, which takes place on October 20 at Libbie Mill-Midtown from 2 – 5 p.m. This is the fifth year of the Shindig and it promises to be the biggest one yet.
The VOSRP has partnered with Slow Food RVA, Echelon Event Management, Libbie Mill - Midtown, WTVR CBS 6 News, and Virginia This Morning on CBS 6 to bring together top chefs in Virginia to celebrate the bounty of the Commonwealth including oysters from Virginia's diverse flavor regions and Virginia wine, beer, cider and spirits.
The afternoon will be filled with good friends, food and cheer, all to support oyster restoration in the Chesapeake. Enjoy a day featuring dishes from amazing regional chefs and sample renowned Virginia beer, wine, cider and spirits. We also are providing a unique opportunity for guests to learn more about the VOSRP’s broad ranging partner network, meet industry advocates and explore the wonderful world of Virginia oysters.
We will be joined by Chefs that all participate in the VOSRP. Chefs will prepare dishes reflective of their style and interest, and will not be solely a seafood or oyster dish.
- Walter Bundy (Shagbark RVA)
- Dale Reitzer (The Bar at Acacia mid-town)
- Patrick Willis (Lemaire Restaurant)
- Lee Gregory (Alewife and Southbound)
- Andrew Manning (Longoven)
- Brad Slemaker (River City Roll)
- Bryan Byrd (Dredge and Byrd's Seafood Co.)
Oysters can be sampled from Virginia include:
- Region 1 & 2: Tom Gallivan's Shooting Point Oyster Company
- Region 3: Chris Buck's Ruby Salts Oyster Company
- Region 4: Mike Sledd's Windmill Point Oyster Co.
- Region 5: the late Kevin Wade's J&W Seafood - Gourmet Market
- Region 6: Bruce and Daniel Vogt's Big Island Aquaculture
- Region 8: Craig Suro's Tangier Island Oyster Co.
VA wine and beer will be served from:
- Ankida Ridge Vineyards
- Stinson Vineyards
- Lovingston Winery
- Ox-Eye Vineyards Tasting Room
- Pollak Vineyards
- The Veil Brewing Co.
- Ardent Craft Ales
- Alewerks Brewing Company
New to the Shindig is a silent auction – another way to support the VOSRP!
Tickets are $50 for a single or $90 for a pair and are all inclusive. If you don’t wish to partake in Virginia beer and wine, non-drinking tickets are available at a reduced price. Children under 12 are free, but a ticket is required for admission.